If you’ve been paying any attention to beauty aisles recently, you might have noticed that more and more brands have launched their own micellar waters. Given the sudden influx, it’s easy to mistake micellar water for a passing fad. It turns out that the product has more history than meets the eye. Although the first known use of micellar water dates back to 1913, it didn’t become commercialized until 1991, when tap water in France was so harsh and filled with chemicals that Parisians sought a gentler alternative to washing their faces.
First though, what exactly is micellar water? At first appearance it looks no different than normal H2O, but it’s purified soft water filled with micelles or microscopic cleansing oil droplets that absorb dirt and oil from the skin. But as with all things, not all micellar waters are created equal. Japanese beauty brand Bifesta has earned a 4.8-star rating out of 5. Let’s see what makes it a cult favorite and why giving it a shot may be worth your while!
What makes Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Water a winning product?
Although we usually look to micellar waters for makeup removal, the Bifesta micellar water can be used as a toner or an essence toner. After wiping away dirt, dust, pollen, and excess sebum, the improved hyaluronic acid and pullulan blend formula does an exceptional job of restoring moisture to the skin. Over time, you should notice a more plump, clear, and smooth complexion. What’s more, all Bifesta micellar cleansing waters come in a pump bottle, making it easier to dispense and use on the fly whenever, wherever.
Which Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Water is right for me?
Since different skin types have different needs and require different types of care, Bifesta has launched a total of five products in its Micellar Cleansing Water series: Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Water Sensitive, Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Water Moist, Bifesta Cleansing Water Brightup, Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Water Sebum, and Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Water Acne Care, the former three which are all available through the JBeauty Collection.
Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Water Sensitive is right for you if:
- Your skin is easily irritated or frequently experiencing redness or breakouts
- Your skin needs extra skin-conditioning to soothe and strengthen
SHOP: Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Water Sensitive
Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Water Moist is right for you if:
- Your skin is dry to combination, and/or suffers from chronic dehydration
- You want to take advantage of penetrating hyaluronic acid and adsorbent amino acids for extra hydration
SHOP: Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Water Moist
Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Water Brightup is right for you if:
- Your biggest concern is uneven skin tone, dullness, and/or acne scars
- Your skin responds well to Vitamin C derivatives for brightening and lactic acid for gentle exfoliation
SHOP: Bifesta Cleansing Water Brightup
Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Water Sebum is right for you if:
- Your pores get clogged easily and you’re prone to blackheads, whiteheads, and oiliness.
- Your skin is a combination to oily, and you want to take advantage of antioxidant-rich and anti-inflammatory green tea extract for gentle sebum control
Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Water Acne Care is right for you if:
- You have visible/enlarged pores and your biggest concern is acne breakouts
- Your skin needs both skin conditioning and antibacterial ingredients to calm redness but also combat acne
What reviewers are saying
Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Water fans agree that the series is excellent at removing makeup effortlessly and quickly without any tugging, making it a perfect match for busy people on the go. Some say that a little product goes a long way, meaning that a bottle lasts them longer than average. Most comment that the formulas are lightweight yet hydrating, and that they do a great job at cleansing the skin while leaving it soothed and hydrated. Acne-prone reviewers noticed clearer, smoother, and less congested skin after using it regularly for six days.
Already got your Bifesta micellar water, but not quite sure how to use it? Check out our micellar water guide here.