With scented candles, incense, and reed diffusers gaining popularity, practicing self-care has never been easier. Whether you want to calm the mind, set the vibe for an important guest, or simply mask an unpleasant odor, there’s a means and method for everyone. But which type of fragrance is right for you? In celebration of Global Wellness Day 2022, we’ve rounded up the top three home fragrance tools and the best ways to use them.
Scented candles are comprised of wax and scented oils that emit aromas into the air when lit. With so many different candle scents, colors, shapes, and wax varieties, there is bound to be the perfect fit for any candle enthusiast. Candles are versatile and can be used to set the tone in virtually any part of the house – think chill and cozy vibes by the fireplace, a romantic dinner table for two, a meditative space in the bedroom, and a clean refreshing energy by the bathroom sink.
Candles are for you if:
- You want to create an ambience with soft flickering light and pleasant fragrance.
- You want decor that’s visually uplifting AND smells great.
- You prefer to choose from a variety of scents.
- You’re want to build scent in your room gradually.
Candles are NOT for you if:
- You want an instant burst of fragrance.
- You can’t keep an eye on it – leaving burning candles unattended is dangerous.
Looking for a no-fail scented candle that’s bound to impress? Check out Japanese fragrance brand APFR’s white tea candles, available in standard and travel sizes.
SHOP: APFR Travel Tin Candle
Incense is a flammable substance that diffuses a pleasing aroma when burned. The best quality incense is made of all-natural ingredients like fragrant woods, resins, roots, flowers, fruits, herbs, and other plant-based materials blended together. The most popular and easy-to-use type is stick incense, although cone, coil and powder varieties are also enjoyed. Incense is the best option for those who want to instantly fill their room with fragrance and enjoy it for a short period of time. But keep in mind – incense is strong, and even after it’s finished burning, it tends to leave a scent “residue” in the room it was lit.
Incense is for you if:
- You want a short and sweet burst of fragrance.
- You want to enjoy fragrance for less than an hour.
- You enjoy strong fragrances.
- You don’t mind the scent lingering.
Incense is NOT for you if:
- You want a gradual scent build-up, not an instant one.
- You don’t want to have to air out your room to get rid of the scent.
- You don’t want to clean up fallen ash.
- Smoke irritates your breathing.
- You can’t keep an eye on it – leaving incense unattended can be a fire hazard.
Is incense your thing? Check out the following bamboo sticks and incense stand from Japanese fragrance brand APFR.
SHOP: APFR Incense - 24K Rose
SHOP: APFR Brass Incense Stand
Although they may look dauntingly fancy at first glance, reed diffusers are actually very simple to use. Made of three components – reed sticks, fragrance oil, and a glass jar – reed diffusers disperse fragrance into the air naturally. They can be placed anywhere from bookshelves to offices. Reed diffusers are a genius way to keep your room smelling great 24/7, but due to their long lifespan, they’re best designed for long-term use.
Reed diffusers are for you if:
- You want a continuous aroma to diffuse gradually for weeks or months at a time.
- You can’t keep an eye on a burning substance.
- You want to be able to place your fragrance anywhere safely.
Reed diffusers are NOT for you if:
- You want a quick boost of scent.
- You like to change the fragrance of your room from day to day.
Are reed diffusers your perfect match? Check out Japanese fragrance brand APFR’s handcrafted white tea diffuser. It makes for a sophisticated gift or luxurious self-care indulgence.